The Playstation Network started coming back online over the weekend. Los Angeles and the rest of California were thankfully among the first to start coming back online. This afternoon Patrick Seybold, Communications and Social Media Director, announced the details of Sony’s Welcome Back gift for Playstation Network subscribers. While having been critical of Sony’s initial lack of communication and seemingly misplaced blame of , these gifts seem to be fairly substantial.
This package will be made available to all existing registered PlayStation Network and Qriocity users in North America (US and Canada), and will be made available shortly after we have fully restored the service. More specific details about these offers and eligibility requirements will be posted as the services go live. All PlayStation Network customers can select two PS3 games from the following list. The games will be available for 30 days shortly after PlayStation Store is restored and can be kept forever.
- Dead Nation
- Super Stardust HD
- Wipeout HD + Fury
For PSP owners, you will be eligible to download two PSP games from the following list. The games will be available for 30 days shortly after PlayStation Store is restored and can be kept forever.
- LittleBigPlanet (PSP)
- ModNation Racers
- Pursuit Force
- Killzone Liberation
Additionally PSN subscribers will be offered the following.
- A selection of “On Us” rental movie titles will be available to PlayStation Network customers over one weekend, where Video Service is available. Those titles will be announced soon.
- 30 days free PlayStation Plus membership for non PlayStation Plus subscribers.
- Existing PlayStation Plus subscribers will receive an additional 60 days of free subscription.
- Existing Music Unlimited Premium Trial subscription members will receive an additional 30 days of free premium subscription.
- Additional 30 days + time lost for existing members of Music Unlimited Premium/Basic subscription free of charge for existing Premium/Basic members.
- To welcome users Home, PlayStation Home will be offering 100 free virtual items. Additional free content will be released soon, including the next addition to the Home Mansion personal space, and Ooblag’s Alien Casino, an exclusive game.
This program is only for North America. South America and Europe will have different packages and this package should be available shortly after services are fully restored. Sony has previously stated services will be fully restored by the end of the month. Sony was able to provide these gifts with assistance from their publishing and development partners, including Bigbig Studios, Codeglue, Digital Leisure, Guerilla Games, Heavy Water, Housemarque, Lockwood, Loot, Mass Media, Media Molecule, SCE Cambridge Studios, SCE Studio Liverpool, SCE San Diego Studios, and Sucker Punch Productions.
Feel free to subscribe to this page and check out my column on Examiner.com (www.examiner.com/la-console-rpg-in-los-angeles/lance-roth) or (http://www.examiner.com/la-actionadventure-game-in-los-angeles/lance-roth)